Friday, February 11, 2011

A Beautiful Vision

In recent weeks when I have been out and about I have started seeing something that is rare in the black community.....Fathers/Daddies spending quality time with their children. Last Saturday morning I was out getting something to eat and sat down next to a little boy and his father. The son looked genuinely happy and daddy had borrowed his grin from Alice's Chestaire cat.  The dad was telling his son about his pee-wee football schedule for the upcoming season or Sunday when I was preparing for Super Bowl I saw a dad in most manly attire(football jersey, hat representing his favorite team,) sports attire and glitter on his face... that caused me to do a double take until I looked around his knees and saw a beautiful little smiling face giggling because daddy had just bought her teddy bear.  I remember having a conversation with my own dad about his days coming home from work and seating at table three feet off the floor wearing a pink boa and princess crown that in my opinion went very well with a suit or sport coat and tie.  In the African American community those are rare occassions and a beautiful vision for me to witness. I know how lucky a child is to have a loving caring daddy. I am daddy's girl even at 27.  Children don't care about money that is spent  on them they care about time that is spent with them  I call upon the men with children continue to create those visions of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment