Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lost Standards

This is my first posting on my blog. In today's society standards about everything from politics to dress has changed since I was young. At 27 years old I find myself having this same conversation with my mom, my girlfriends, colleague, and random people in the grocery store. If we examine American society through the ages standards may not have been spoken but they were most definitely conveyed especially in public. Today standards are lackluster and subpar to say the least. Generation Xers like myself standards are time stamped and based off of  how quick does it provided financial, and relational satisfaction which is problematic. I realize that my standards for life, love, work and happiness are solid and built from a solid foundation. Does your standards change based on money, looks, popular public opionion/perception?

No comments:

Post a Comment